The Baum Indie Book Prize 2017 Entrants List
We are proud to announce the entrants for this year’s contest! Please see below for the list of finalists.
Armani Martel – Electric Order – FINALIST
Brian O’Sullivan – The Folly of Sweeney – FINALIST
M.G. McLaughlin – Inhaling Sunbeams – FINALIST
Nathan Kippley – Man of the Sea – FINALIST
Steven Ramirez – Chainsaw Honeymoon – FINALIST
Kevin McFadyen – The Clockwork Caterpillar – FINALIST
Jason Luebbers – Zanesville, Ohio – FINALIST
David Dobbs – The Dozen – FINALIST
Alexis Veenendaal – The Last Travellers – Book One
Antonio Rodríguez – Marduk’s Mark
Chad Granier – THE EVERYDAY SUPERMAN
Amy Schweitzer – The Magician and the Muse
Chris Burk – Atonal Canon
D.Helene – The (In)Elegant Struggle of Breaking Paradigms
David Naiman – Jake, Lucid Dreamer
Anthony Robinson – Cold Solar
Denise Nisbet – The Eternal Journey
Devan Johnson – Once Upon an After
Diann Schindler – Just a Girl
Harry Nair – THE DAY THAT WAS NOT TO BE
Heather Zhu – When You Awaken
IKE MORAH – SIXTEENTH GROUP OF ASSIGNMENTS
J.D. Howse – Paradys Book One
Jacquelynn Inyama – Flowers in the Promised Land
Jason Kane – Decline
Jason Kane – MYA
Jayna Russel – Captive
Jeffrey Wimperis – GENERATION VI
Judy Quan – Pursuing the Gingerbread Man
Kaila Kester – What’s Underneath
Kunal Roy – Dave: 3 Lives
Lamont Chatman – The Spread
Lucas Sterling -Srepska
Madeline McKinney – Fruit
Magus Tor – Moonful of Love
Magus Tor – My Ladybird Story
Matt Mansell – The Lightning Seeds
Matthew Edwards – ANDROMEDA NYX
Michael Brunetti – The Horizon Beneath Our Feet
Michael Brunetti – Through the Shutters
Michael Scott – Jellybeaners
Michelle Rene – Without Water
Miranda Sieg – Rin
Perry Madison – The Hum of Dixie
Peter Covington – Growing Your Own Truth
Priyonkar Dasgupta – The Speaking Ghost of Rajpur
E.D. Saucedo – Improved
Renae Schwemmer – Old Bones
Richard Lanoix – The Twin Flames, The Master, The Game
S. Star Nix – Myths Written Into Heaven’s Fate
Samuel Thews – A Place Beyond The Map
Sara Beth Parker – The Battle for Liberty
S J Wilke – Seroje: The Seeing
S J Wilke – A String of Murder
S Boles – Antonio
Skyler Crane – Transcendence
Tatiana Riabinkina – Behind the barbed wall
Tony Bassett – THE CRIMSON SHAFTS
Corbett Riley – THE HIGHLANDS
Scott Skipper – Half Life
Jess B Moore – Fierce Grace
J T Riggen – Chaos of Change
Johnny Chapman – A Series of Famous Last Words
Juan Lozano – #Positivepsychthings
Sean-Paul Thomas – The Fairy Boy of Calton Hill
W J Ryan – THE HIDDEN
Robert Bartlett – Three Days in Autumn
Tabitha Kohl – Heaven’s Hell
Ann Egan – Jo and Jim
Alan Pritchard – THE PEBBLE CHAMPION
Josh Erikson – A Hero Forged
Holly Brown – The Lost and Found
Ronald Tan – Passion for Peace
Allison Richard – Wren
Ian Watteau – In Search of Magic
We are giving one talented author a specially created Kwill eBook Deal worth over $3000:
- Kwill ISBN
- You will become a published author registered with Kwill Books with an internationally-recognized ISBN
- Kwill Editing
- All Finalists win a content edit and notes on how to improve their book
- Prize Winner gets a professional proofread for errors before publication
- Kwill Format
- We will format your book to .mobi format for Amazon KDP upload
- Kwill Book Cover Design
- An original book cover designed for your ebook including licensing for images and fonts
- A 3D book cover to showcase your design
- Kwill Marketing Promotions
- A SPR BestSeller Promotion of 100 sales of your book, Top #10 Amazon Ranking in category, and 25 Amazon Verified Customer Reviews
- An SPR Lead Story Review worth $299 for your Amazon Editorial Reviews section with 47,000 readers
- Keyword and category optimization
- Social Media campaign to over 40,000 followers who like books
- Kwill Book Trailer
- A one-minute book trailer featuring your book artwork, music, and imagery hosted on the Kwill YouTube page shared on Kwill’s network
How The Baum Prize Works
The winner will be announced on October 15, 2017, and invited to discuss their book publication ideas directly with the Kwill Team and the book publishing process will begin.
- Submissions of manuscripts not formatted in Word (.doc, .docx) will be disqualified. You can use OpenOffice or Google Docs if you cannot afford Word, which are free, and will produce a .docx file.
- PDFs are not accepted as editing notes will be added for finalists in Word.
- Gifted ebooks are not accepted.
- Emailed submissions are not accepted. Submissions via our electronic and secure Dropbox system are the only accepted method.
- Already-published books in their published form are not accepted. If you wish to re-publish a book, please send the manuscript only.
- You can enter as many manuscripts as you like from the same author. A fee will be charged for each one as a separate entry.
- Please make sure your manuscript is single-spaced with page numbers, and has your name as author on it.
- Manuscripts should not contain any cover image or additional material whatsoever. Any other material will be discarded.
- Manuscripts must be finished entirely when submitted.
- No tracking or notes should be sent as part of the manuscript.
- We do not accept hard copy manuscripts.
- No refunds except in the case of accidental duplicate purchase.
- The number of finalists will be dependent on the quality of entries.
- No cash prize is substitution for the prize as listed.
- Individual notes on unsuccessful entries cannot be given.
- Winner must abide by the Winner Terms and Conditions.
- Any unsuccessful entries will be deleted from our Dropbox on September 11, 2017.
Baum Prize Winner Terms and Conditions
- We do not consider the use of artwork from the author’s source to be used in this deal for logistical and quality control purposes but we will engage the author with questions on preference etc.
- The author understands that Kwill operates as a publishing house, and therefore we will sometimes make decisions on material representing Kwill in the best interest of Kwill and the author jointly.
- All rights and copyright of the manuscript stay with the author at all times, in perpetuity, and will be registered as such by Kwill in the first weeks of contracting.
- This deal, however, is with the understanding that the author is to publish this work exclusively with Kwill during the period of service, i.e. the length of the agreement, of three months from publication on KDP Select.
- The Author must agree to the Terms of Service of Amazon KDP Select and must have the freedom to control a KDP Amazon account themselves with their own tax number and bank account. We do not administer payments for authors, and you will have full privacy and royalty control. We can however assist you in the setup of your account.
- We will never have access to your payment details.
- All rights and copyright of the book cover and artwork are held by Kwill, but with free use for the author in connection with the book registered to Kwill for all time, in perpetuity. Kwill reserves the right to use the cover artwork as a testimonial example in advertising its products and services. It is against Kwill’s terms of service for book cover artwork to be re-purposed for any other book other than the book registered with Kwill, or any other property, or resold by the author, except in connection with the promotion of the book contracted with Kwill.
- Your BestSeller results may be shown in connection with Kwill advertising and promotion.
- Books will be priced at $2.99 for promotional purposes. After your promo ends, you may choose a price.
- Your contract with Kwill Books is 3 months, during which you must stay exclusively with Amazon KDP Select.
- Your prize win will be advertised in a press release and online. You will need to supply us with an author photo for this publicity.
- We cannot offer feedback on individual books except finalists and the winner. The judges’ decision is final.